Track serial numbers easily & with great flexibility
The ability to track serial numbers & lot numbers is important for manufacturers & distributors who need to track items for variety of purposes including quality control, service management, warranty management, product recalls and as a theft deterrent.
What is a serial number & a lot number?
- A serial number is a unique number assigned to identify a specific item.
- A lot number is an identification number assigned to products indicating the batch or lot in which the product was manufactured or processed.
- Serial number tracking & lot number tracking is the ability to track and trace serial numbers back to suppliers, through outsourcers or to customers by lot or batch.
Who uses & tracks serial numbers?
While most consumers associate serial numbers with computer hardware and software, serial numbers are common to many industries. Serial numbers - and the need to track serial numbers - are an important part in the supply chain process of getting products from manufacturer to consumer, safely & accurately. Examples include:
- Auto parts distributors recognize serial numbers when inventory is received or shipped & track serial numbers for recalls
- Electronic distributors use lot number & serial number traceability to capture test certifications, specifications & related references
- Medical supply & pharmaceutical manufacturers & distributors must manage, view and report on source, expiration date, lot, inspection and quarantine information to comply with regulatory requirements and track serial numbers & lot numbers to do so
Total control & tracking of serial numbers with ACCTivate!
“Prior to having ACCTivate!, we were only using QuickBooks, but we weren’t tracking serial numbers, we weren’t tracking anything. So if someone pulled the wrong serial number we wouldn’t know it until the end of the month.”
ACCTivate! gives you to ability to easily manage & track serial numbers & lot numbers with power and great flexibility
- Tracking of an unlimited amount of products through inventory that have lot numbers or serial numbers
- Trace lots back to suppliers, through outsourcers or to customers by lot or batch
- Optionally, capture lot or serial number at the time of shipment when managing inventory by number is not required
- Manage, view and report on source, expiration date, lot, inspection and quarantine information
- Pre-assign specific lot or serial numbers for the warehouse o pick or allow warehouse personnel the convenience of picking any number and record it when shipping
- Use mobile computing with an integrated barcode reader to scan item, lot and serial numbers from barcodes